The Centre comprises an Advisory Council, a Secretariat including Director and staff, and a Scientific Advisory Panel.
The Advisory Council of the Centre is composed of the representatives of Member States and chaired by a president selected by Member States on a yearly basis. The Advisory Council consists of:
- The Ambassadors or chargés d’affaires of Member States in the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- The President of the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) and representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- The Secretary General of the IORA or his representative;
- The Director of the Centre;
- Representatives from any other State(s) of IORA and international organizations who wish to support the Centre may be invited as observers subject to the approval of the Advisory Council.
- The President of the Advisory Council should be selected from the same Member State which nominates the Chair of IORA Council of Ministers (COM)
- The President of the Advisory Council may regularly attend the meetings of IORA Council of Ministers (COM) on the invitation of the host country.
- The selected Member State as the host of COM would host the annual Meeting of IORA RCSTT's Focal Points concurrent with the meeting of COM
- In case, due to any reason, the Ambassador of host of COM could not be selected as the President of Advisory Council, the Council will select the President from among the other Member States.
The Advisory Council shall discuss periodically the activities of the Centre as well as the bi-annual work plan and budget of the Centre and submit the proposals thorough the Director of the centre to the Council of Ministers of the IORA for adoption.
Scientific Advisory Panel
The Scientific Advisory Panel is composed of eminent experts drawn largely from Islamic Republic of Iran and other member states of the IORA approved by Advisory Council. However, each member country has a right to nominate experts to such panels. The Panel shall review and discuss the subject matters defined in the work plans and programmes of the Centre and provide its views and advice to the Centre. The Members of the Panel may be invited, if necessary, to attend the meetings of the Advisory Council.
The functions of the secretariat will be as follows: a. Assisting the Advisory Council in the discharge of its functions and responsibilities b. Implementing programmes and disseminate information as directed by the Advisory Council c. Serving as a channel for communication between the national focal points and the Centre
Director of the Centre
The Director of the Centre is selected as per procedure describes in MOU and appointed by the Secretary General of the IORA. The Director consults the President of the Advisory Council on a day to day routine as necessary. The Director’s functions are as follows:
- Developing the main agenda and short term work plan for the Centre annually as well as long term plans as per needs of Member States;
- Developing a staffing plan including international staff for the Centre and appoint the staff of the Centre according to IORA polices and assume responsibility for their salaries. However, the international staff employment should be approved by the Advisory Council;
- Raising international support for the Centre, including financial support;
- Obtaining the support of the donor countries globally;
- Facilitating and to coordinate science and technology development, transfer and commercialization among Member States in IORA region;
- Providing bi-annual reports based on the Memorandum of Understanding for the establishment of the IORA Regional Centre for Science and Technology Transfer (RCSTT) to the Secretary General of IORA.